Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sports Weekend

For anyone who knows me well, you are probably confused by the title of this post. Lauren? Sports? Those are never affiliated with each other. I know. But last weekend, those words were. 
My friend Alyssa, came out from school for the USC vs. Utah game. It was the first game my school played in Pac 12.  I obey the Beach Boys, I'm true to my school.  So regardless of whether I liked sports or not, I went to the game. How could I not? It was right there!

Alyssa is a big Yankees fan, so we went to the Angels vs Yankees game the night before. It was lots of fun!


This is my friend Alyssa.


This is our sad face when the Yankees lost.


The next day, we got to go to the game! The USC colessium is HUGE!!


I'm trying to do a "U" with my hands. Don't know if I accomplished it. The guys behind me are Alyssa's brothers and friends.




It would have been the perfect day if we won that game. Oh well.

This weekend, I went on a walking tour of the Theatre district. It was in a really cool  neighborhood with lots of little shops and street markets.



All these theaters are theaters that showed films and vaudeville shows back in the day. Now all but one is boarded up or turned into a store.

This is the Million Dollar Theater. This holds films in the summer time only. Sorry, they're bad pictures. This is the balcony.




This is the Bradbury Building. The final scene in 500 Days of Summer was filmed here. And it's a beautiful building.


Example of a boarded up theater.


Example of a theater turned into a store.


We went to this adorable little place for lunch!  It had all these cute little outdoorsy displays. It was so fun!




Peace. Lauren out.





1 comment:

  1. I was super confused when I read the post's title, but what a fun weekend! I'm so glad your friend was able to come out. Glad you are having lots of adventures - keep it up. Your time out there will fly by!

    ReplyDelete