Sunday, September 11, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Yes, I know it's been a week since Labor Day weekend and am just now posting. Sorry!
Labor Day weekend was so much fun! My family came out for vacation and were in Newport Beach, about 40 miles away from me.  It was  so much fun!! It was so good to see them.  The best part was it was my nephew's first time at the beach, and he LOVED it!!


He really loves French Fries. Even  if they're sandy.


He did this all the time. He would just lie in the sand and get his belly warm.


This is my family. We were incomplete because my very pregnant sister and her husband couldn't come due to how far along my sister is. She's due October 1st! I'm so excited to meet my new nephew!
From left to right: My Dad, Brad (my sister Rachelle's husband), Rachelle, Me, my Mom, my nephew Eli, my sister Andrea (mother of Eli), and Adam (husband of Andrea, father of Eli)


The boys HAD TO watch football on Saturday.  They left the beach in the middle of the day to go and watch. I don't get it.


We went to Laguna Beach for dinner. It's so pretty there!



The lovely Albas.  Because we always refer to them as one, we have combined their names to make it easier, so we call them Adandrea.


Eli loves it when we cuddle.




As you can tell.


The Tilleys. We combined their name to B.Rad. The husband's name is Brad, and Rachelle's initials are R.A.D.


My mom and pop. How I love them. They're the best.


I love this little guy SO MUCH! He's 14 months.


My family went back to Utah on Sunday, so on Labor Day, me and my new friend from Church, Kristine, went to Hollywood to see the sights. This is me at the Kodak Theatre.


I love her.


Iron Man


YE-AH!


Me and Kristine. Can you see the Hollywood sign in the background?




That statue of Marilyn actually looked really creepy up close.


Bumblebee from Transformers.




Footprints at the Chinese Theatre.





How awesome is it that Bruce Willis wrote "Yippie Ki Yay!" It's the best.


This is the plaza right next to the Chinese Theatre. It was so cool!



It was a super fun weekend! One more thing.
This past week I got to go to the Sony Pictures Lot to run an errand for work.  It was so cool!

This is my parking pass. I felt special.


And this is the lot. It reminded me of a street in Disneyland.  It had shops and restaruants where the workers could eat and shop.   


I tried to wander around and explore for as long as I could get away with, but a security guard came up to me and said "you look lost." I didn't want him to follow me around, so I said "nope, that's the building I'm looking for." But I was too scared to get caught again, so after I found a stage and looked at it from afar, I left. When I got back to the office, the assistant asked me how I liked the Sony lot.  He said ideally I could have wandered around, no one would know. I told him I tried. And failed. Darnnit! At least I got to see a bit!


2 comments:

  1. Yay for more info about your life! It looks like a lot of fun and so sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I am glad you got to have some fun before you returned to your duties as slave! :)

    ReplyDelete