I got back from Utah on Sunday and it was so great!! It was a very welcomed break. I stayed with my sister and played with my nephew and went to the wedding of my friend Stephanie Wilson. It was such a fun weekend!!
The best part was seeing my nephew! I love him so much. I love him so much that I sometimes forget I'm not his mother. He has gotten so much more cuddly! He would never let me hold him before; he was always too busy with exploring. But when I took him out in public, I would put him down where we were so he could walk around. But after a minute, he would come up to me and reach his hands up, like he wanted me to pick him up!! I was so surprised! He has never done that before! He let me hold him as he looked around the store and took everything in. I'm so glad he likes cuddling now. To keep up with my adorable nephew, check out my sister's blog.
My work place is diverse. I was so surprised where my fellow interns were from. There are two Australians, one South African, a Parisian, and two Canadians. Then there are interns from all over America too. New Jersey, North Carolina, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Arizona, and Chicago. I guess I thought I would be the only one from out of town. I don't know why. People from all over the world want to be in this business, so I should have guessed I would work with people from all over the world.
After a month of working for him, I finally got to meet the owner of the company. I had seen him from a distance, but never formally met him. We had an intern night at work amd got to have a Q&A with the owner and he his story of how he climbed up the ladder. He was really nice and very funny, and I learned alot from that session. He also told us something that I had been too afraid to ask. We can pitch our ideas to them and bring in scripts we think he should consider! I got really excited because I have alot of ideas to television shows. So now I'm working on them and writing the arenas and hope to pitch at least one of them before the end of the month. Don't get excited though. It's not like I could get a creator credit if this turned into something. I don't know what credit I would get, but I imagine it would be small.
I got reprimanded by a an executive at work the other day. I'm so terrified of anyone at work finding my blog, so just in case, I'll be really vague. I was asked to do something and the exec gave me very specific instructions. I followed them and did what he asked. He wasn't pleased with how I did it and asked me to do it again. I did it again and he loved what I presented him. I guess it was just a mis-communication. Oh well, at least I did it right eventually.
I only havve 6 weeks left in this program. I can't believe it!! It's going by so fast!! I don't want to leave!!
I only have 6 weeks left in this program. I can't believe it!! It's going by so fast!! I don't want to leave!!
I LOVE CALIFORNIA. I LOVE L.A. It's official, I'm going to live here the rest of my life. Before I came here, I thought "I hope I like LA! Cause if I want this career, I have to live here." I am so happy to know that I love it here and am so comfortable here. Katy Perry, just call me a California Gurl. I'm undeniable. After this, it's back to Utah for 8 months to finish school and then I'll move here pernamently!! I can't wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment